It sure was a switch again back in the bakery, but I was greeted with some amazing news. NO MORE PLUMS. NO MORE PLUM CAKE. NO MORE PFLAUME KUCHEN. I REPEAT, NO MORE PFLAUME KUCHEN! My excitement is a little bit uncontrollable about this. You wouldn't know, you couldn't possibly know how excited I am that I don't have to cut plums anymore... until next year. But, that's next year! It's not right now!
Things being made currently:
- Bienenstick (This is bee sting cake, ha! I've heard some amazing things about it. It has layers filled with vanilla cream and almond cake)
- Zwiebel Kuchen (I've told you about this one. Onion cake. It's pretty delicious, but again, think less of cake and more of pizza or flat bread)
- Zitronen Rolle (Lemon roll. Yup, exactly what you think. A roll of cake fill with lemon cream.
- Rumkugeln (Another repeat you all have heard about. This is the leftovers mixed with rum flavoring and other sorts)
- Apfel Kuchen (Apple cake. Another yum! I haven't tried this yet, but am dying! It's almost like an apple crisp sort of flavoring with cinnamon)
- Amerikaner (American. Not kidding! These are black and white cookies! Except some people refuse to believe these to be cookies, but trust me, they are. They're just really big and are glazed and then coated with chocolate. Don't ask, I have no idea why they're called American)
Now enjoy some Bremerhaven pictures!