New Years in the bakery is... ummm... what words can I use to describe it? Crazy, insane, ridiculous, unbelievably busy...
These just don't do it justice...
My day tomorrow consists of the following:
Work from 12 midnight (technically tonight) to about 8am (tomorrow).
Work again at 6:30pm (tomorrow) until about 8-9am (Saturday morning).
Did you know that on New Years A.K.A. Silvester, it is traditional to have Berliners (filled doughnuts)? In Germany, that is the case! Considering that we pretty much provide the entire city of Bremerhaven with their Berliners, we are buuuuuussssyyyyy!
Last year, I think we made about 60,000. Can you imagine?!
This is the reason for the 14 hour shift from Friday night into Saturday morning. It consists of ONLY Berliner making!
- Viktoria (my favorite!)- In Dunkin Donuts language this means French Cruller
- Traditional jelly-filled with glaze
- Egg liquor-filled with glaze and chopped almonds
- Pudding-filled with a chocolate glaze
- Passion Fruit-filled with a white chocolate glaze